Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™ is easy and quick to apply; either spray or sponge on to wet boots. Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™ provides highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) which develops on air drying. It leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibers of nubuck and suede. This allows moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability and keeping your feet dry. Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™ has been specifically designed and optimized for nubuck and suede combination footwear and will maintain the texture of the materials.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE IT:
Breathable waterproof footwear is most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer nubuck or suede absorbs water, the breathability of the footwear will be reduced. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your footwear must be maintained to ensure comfort. It will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™.
WHEN YOU SHOULD USE IT:
Your footwear could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. First, try cleaning it with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™, and if it is fairly new, or recently re-waterproofed, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) will be revitalized just from cleaning. But, once the footwear has been thoroughly worn you will need to add DWR, using Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™, after cleaning first with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
HOW TO USE IT:
- Brush off dirt with a damp cloth and clean using Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
- Shake well before use. Press sponge applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously to wet footwear; Spray-On (from a distance of 5cm) or Sponge-On.
- After 2 minutes, remove surplus with a cloth and allow to dry before use.
- Leave footwear to dry at room temperature.
- Paper can be stuffed into the toes to absorb excess moisture, this should be replaced when wet.
- Keep footwear away from fires and radiators, drying too quickly can crack leather and cause bonded soles to peel.
Note: Light/colored nubuck or suede may darken after treatment. Test on a hidden area first.