The Superior 4 takes an already lightweight, fast trail shoe and makes it even lighter. The upper has been completely redesigned in a wrap-around style for added security and support; the midsole features Altra’s proprietary Quantic™ foam, while the outsole is now made of our sticky MaxTrac™ rubber. To top it off, the rounded heel and improved lug pattern is made to fly down the trail with ease and speed.
FOOTSHAPE™ TOE BOX
Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
ZERO DROP™ PLATFORM
Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
Hook-and-loop tab allows strapless gaiter attachment that prevents debris from building up beneath the shoe.
Canted lugs positioned strategically beneath the metatarsals to provide traction at toe off.
- Insole: 5 mm Contour Footbed
- FootShape™ Toe Box with Fully Cushioned Zero Drop Platform™
- Stack Height: 21 mm
- Midsole: Altra Quantic™
- Outsole: MaxTrac™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Upper: Seamless wrap-around engineered knit
- Insole: 6 mm Contour Footbed with removable StoneGuard™
- FootShape™ Toe Box with Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ Platform
- Stack Height 21mm
- Midsole: Quantic ™ with InnerFlex™
- Outsole: MaxTrac™ with TrailClaw™
- Upper: Wrap-Around Knit
- Weight: 7.9 oz. / 224 g